Certified Hospice Aide – Per Diem, On-Call
Care Partners is seeking a per diem on-call Certified Hospice Aide to join their team. As a Certified Hospice Aide you’ll get the opportunity to work with programs and services designed to honor choice and dignity, while providing comprehensive patient and family care. As the Certified Hospice Aide with Care Partners, YOU matter.
Your responsibilities will be to:
- Provide patients with personal care and light housekeeping in accordance with the individualized plan of care and visit frequency assigned
- Support skilled nursing staff across various settings
- Maximize the comfort, safety and health of patients and families consistent with hospice philosophy and the organization’s policies and procedures
- Maintain up to date patient records in accordance with policies and procedures so plans, actions, goals and problems are accurately and clearly stated
Knowledge & Skills needed:
- Demonstrated skill in communication; patient documentation requirements, and service coordination with the ability to work successfully with patients and family members in aspects of terminal care
- Basic keyboarding and computer operation skills are required
- Working knowledge of concise, yet thorough clinical documentation of patient assessments and care required
- Requires a minimum of two years of prior CNA/Hospice Aide experience, preferably including experience delivering services outside of the hospital setting
- Requires successful completion of a CNA training program. (Qualified programs must total 75 hours with 16 hours of supervised practical training as required in 42OR 484.36.) CNA II certification preferred
- Bi-lingual, Spanish speaking ability preferred
- Certified Hospice and Palliative Nurse Assistant (CHPNA) preferred
- Must have a valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record and have access to a reliable automobile to travel to and from patient homes
- Basic Life Support CPR card for Health Care Provider. Valid card must be obtained prior to patient contact and provided within two weeks of hire
On-call and requires ability to provide coverage 7 days a week, as needed.
*Preferred applicant will be asked to pass a background check and drug screen following a job offer. **New employees are requires to complete Tuberculosis screening and provide proof of Hepatitis B vaccination or signed declination.
Care Partners has the reputation and community trust that comes from 30 years of providing outstanding end-of-life care, education and bereavement services to thousands of family’s year over year. We recognize the unique and emotional needs of each patient and family member. Although we are poised for growth, our caring service delivery as a non-profit provider is a reputation we plan to keep.
- CNA: 2 years
Required license or certification:
- Valid Driver’s License
- Oregon State Board of Nursing certification
To apply for this position please submit your resume along with a brief letter describing why you are interested in working with Care Partners to People Services Manager, Ciara Rogers, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.