What is Hospice care?
Hospice is a service that enhances quality of life for individuals with life-limiting illness. Hospice care relieves physical, emotional and spiritual suffering. It enables patients and families to accomplish important life goals and priorities and to remain in the comfort of their home, residence or care facility.
Hospice helps families be families at a period of significant change. Hospice affirms life and does not hasten or postpone natural death. Hospice care is individualized to meet the needs and wishes of each unique patient and family. At Care Partners, we assist family members and other care givers to meet the needs of seriously ill patients with confidence and assurance to achieve patient goals such as improved comfort, communication, mobility, safety, and ease of care giving.
Care Partners works to cover patients, family and caregivers with a blanket of support that relieves stress, anxiety and fear.
Care Partners encircles patients and families with comprehensive support provided by a highly qualified team of dedicated and compassionate care providers with a calling to comfort. Care Partners provides the quality of care and service we desire for our own family members.
- We focus solely on providing holistic hospice and palliative care using the best medical practices
- We coordinate care to reduce confusion, anxiety and uncertainty
- We work to anticipate and prevent problems from occurring
- We utilize our extensive knowledge and experience (over 30 years) to optimize patient comfort and caregiver confidence
- We provide care rated above the rest. Families rate our overall care as excellent 85.2% of the time. This compares to a state average of 71% (source 2nd Q 2013 Family Evaluation of Hospice Care)
- We specialize in 24 hour, 7 day a week care. Experienced hospice nurses directly answer all calls after office hours.
- We provide home delivery of patient medications
- As a not-for-profit our resources are devoted to patient and family care
- Care is provided by dedicated professional staff with a calling to comfort
In the Portland Metropolitan area consumers have many hospices to choose from. Medicare beneficiaries (including Senior Advantage Plan Members) and their families can choose any licensed hospice provider they feel confident will best meet their needs. While all hospices offer a core set of services required by state and federal government, not all deliver care with the same level of service.
Care Partners encircles patients, families and their care team with unprecedented levels of care and support. You can request an informational meeting (no cost) at your convenience to learn more about our services. For over 30 years patients and families have put their trust in our dedicated, not-for-profit, community-based hospice program for delivery of high quality hospice care. Call us today so you or your loved one can begin receiving the support and care you deserve from a team called to comfort. At Care Partners, our calling is your comfort.
Services provided by Care Partners include but are not limited to:
- Intermittent home visits by a dedicated team of professionals (nurses, social workers, chaplains, aides, physicians, nurse practitioners) and volunteers
- 24 hour per day, 7 day per week access to hospice team members
- Medical equipment and supplies to maintain independence and manage symptoms
- Medications related to pain management and symptom control
- Respite care
- Inpatient care, short-term, if symptoms cannot be relieved at home
- Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy
- Counseling and Emotional Support
- Use of non-drug therapies to relieve symptoms
- Bereavement counseling