Join Care Partners as a Hospice Nurse!
This position has been filled.
You are a highly motivated nurse who takes pride in providing excellent care to patients and family members. You enjoy working both independently and as a member of a cohesive team of dedicated interdisciplinary professionals. You enjoy the challenges of caring for the elderly and individuals living with serious illnesses. You like to empower, educate and support caregivers. You enjoy performing physical and psychosocial assessments, developing care plans, thinking on your feet, creating order out of chaos and solving problems creatively. Bringing comfort to others makes you happy. For you nursing is a calling, not a job. You want to work for an organization that is motivated by mission, that recognizes and values your engagement and voice, that believes that high performing nurses are a necessity not a luxury. You believe that death is not a medical experience, but a human one. Providing holistic, body-mind-spirit care is second nature for you.
We are one of Oregon’s oldest, community-based not-for-profit hospices. We value nurses. They are the back bone of our organization. We care for patients throughout the Portland metropolitan area in home and long-term care settings from 2 offices. A majority of our patients have a cancer diagnosis. We provide home-based palliative care through strategic partnerships with progressive health insurers. We are constantly innovating to make Care Partners the best place to give and receive care. We have a calling to comfort. We mentor. We make every day the best day for our patients. We invite you to check us out in person or on-line at www.carepartnersor.org.
Hospice Nurse Position Responsibilities
The hospice nurse working the evening shift assists with patient admissions and other urgent care needs working with a team of triage nurses and case managers. Provides skilled nursing assessment, planning and coordination/care management across settings to patients in a private home, adult foster home, residential/assisted living care, and/or nursing facility. Maximizes the comfort and health of patients and families consistent with our philosophy, policies and procedures. Maintains up to date patient records so that problems, plans, actions and goals are accurately and clearly stated and changes are reflected as they occur in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Requires current Registered Nurse (RN) State of Oregon license prior to first day of employment.
- Prefer one- two years of nursing experience, preferably in hospice, palliative care, home health or medical surgical care.
- Requires well developed critical thinking, patient assessment and problem solving skills.
- Requires the ability to work independently and as part of an interdisciplinary team.
- Requires strong verbal and written communication skills and familiarity with use of an electronic medical record
- Must have a valid driver’s license and access to a reliable automobile to travel to and from patient homes.
- Basic Life Support CPR card for Health Care Provider. Valid card must be obtained prior to patient contact and within two weeks of hire.
- Certification in Hospice and Palliative Care Nursing is helpful.
- Must pass a background check and drug screen following a job offer.
To apply for this position please submit your resume along with a brief letter describing why you are interested in working with Care Partners to Director of People Services, Ciara Rogers, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.