How We Help Patients with Heart Failure
Keeping them in balance
What is the Heart Care Partners Program?
Do you have a patient in NYHA Class 4? Who has been hospitalized repeatedly for acute exacerbations, becoming more frail after each admission? Who is not a candidate for or does not want a transplant or a VAD? Contact Care Partners for a palliative care consult. We never say “there is nothing more we can do”. Our Heart Care Partners focused program offers the best interdisciplinary care in a residential setting. When you refer a patient to us, we will always consult with you on their care and keep you apprised of their status.
- Weekly case review with our board-certified internist/palliative care specialist
- Continued access to medications that provide symptom benefits and support cardiac function
- Patient and caregiver coaching to manage diet, fluids and physical activity, including consultations with an occupational therapist and a dietician
- A management plan that addresses common co-morbidities such as COPD and kidney disease
- Regular skilled nursing visits to identify issues and make treatment adjustments as required
- A customized action plan and emergency kit that patients can use with our help (24/7 nurse and MD coverage) if they experience sudden changes, so they don’t need to go to the ER or the hospital
We Are Available Day or Night
Care Partners is on call around the clock to meet your needs. Call now to speak with an experienced and caring nurse. We’ve been helping people like you for more than 40 years.